The prospector News Publisher, Michael Fox is joined by MTB Metals (TSX-V:MTB) President and CEO, Lawrence Roulston to discuss the company and it’s Golden Triangle Projects. We discuss the lure of the Golden Triangle for mining projects and the investments made in the area by the Majors. We discuss how Copper is an under valued commodity in the region dwarfed by the amount of gold and silver there. But the copper in the area is significant and can make a dent in the world copper shortage.
Finally we focus on MTB’s telegraph project and it’s copper gold potential. The project itself had been held by several companies prior to MTB consolidating the land package. It is the company belief that they are sitting on a significant copper gold property that was under explored due to the multi company ownership of the land package. The company has identified an are where they believe the target property is located and is setting out a targeted drill program this Summer to confirm.
MTB has six active projects spanning 670 square kilometers (67,587 hectares) in the prolific Golden Triangle of northern British Columbia. With the focus on the Telegraph project, discussions are now underway leading to joint ventures and/or spinouts of other projects.
1. Telegraph is located in the vicinity of 4 world-class porphyry deposits being advanced by major mining companies: Galore (Teck / Newmont), Schaft (Teck), Saddle (Newmont) and the operating Red Chris copper-gold mine (Newcrest / Imperial Metals). Field work by MTB on its 310 square kilometer property, together with earlier results, provides compelling evidence for the presence of one or more properties similar to others in the area.
2. The American Creek project is centered on the historic Mountain Boy silver mine. The project is road accessible and 20 km from the deep-water port of Stewart. There are multiple silver, gold and copper occurrences on the property, including a 2006 drill hole that encountered 5 kgs of silver over 5 meters.
3. Red Cliff is a past producing gold and copper mine in which the Company holds a 35% interest.
4. On the BA property, 182 drill holes have outlined a substantial zone of silver-lead-zinc mineralization located 4 km from the highway. Several targets with high-grade silver potential remain to be tested. Surprise Creek, to the north, hosts the same prospective stratigraphy.
5. On the Theia project, work by MTB and previous explorers has outlined a silver bearing mineralized trend 500 meters long, highlighted by a 2020 grab sample that returned 39 kg per tonne silver (1,100 ounces per ton). Two other zones on the property produced copper values over 5%.
6. Southmore is in the midst of some of the largest deposits in the Golden Triangle. It was explored in the 1980s through the early 1990s and was overlooked until MTB consolidated the property and carried out airborne geophysics and field work which confirmed several zones of gold and copper, with values up to 20% copper and 35 g/t gold.
HIGHLIGHTS Sigma Lithium announces that it will commence loading ... READ MORE
Vizsla Silver Corp. (TSX-V: VZLA) (NYSE: VZLA) (Frankfurt: 0G3) ... READ MORE
Geomega Resources Inc. (TSX-V: GMA) (OTC: GOMRF), a developer of ... READ MORE
Hole 23FP006 includes 65 metres at 1.9 g/t gold and including 10 ... READ MORE
Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX: EDR) (NYSE: EXK) is pleased to rep... READ MORE